Saturday, June 2, 2012

week: 0

Tonight I'm in Leonardtown, Maryland, enjoying a weekend with Matthew, his son Chris, and daughters: Addie and Frankie.  Michelle and Alexis went to the beach to celebrate Lexi's 16th birthday. A severe thunderstorm last night gave way to to a lovely day for a l-o-n-g baseball game and a graduation party for one of their friends.

The past week was full, beginning with a Memorial day with Dan's family.  It rained us out so we fried the chicken while Dan played with the National Guard Band in Tacoma.  Last minute packing and visits with friends packed the remainder of the week, but left me enough time to see a great preview performance of "As You Like It" in Seattle and see Dan lead 4 middle school choirs and 4 bands in a great performance.  Monday I check in for Staging and Tuesday night, 25 of us fly to Accra.  I will update this again when I get a combination of a little spare time and access to some kind of computer–which may take a while.

Goodbye to my late blooming dogwoods & rhodies;  Chris did get two good hit in this game, but not this one.
Matt, Addie and Frankie show off at the Leonardtown Ballfield--June 2, 2012


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you got to visit with so much family before your adventure began. I hope Ghana has welcomed you with open arms. I'm excited to read about your adventures there.

    ReplyDelete