Saturday, May 5, 2012

week: minus 4

Bummer! the corps made me change my password and i didn't write it down.  Now i must beg them for a temp.  Getting home to Seattle was mixed.  I enjoyed my short trip to Germany and Utah, but all the things i needed to do to get ready for this new "job" crowded my mind at 2 am and often made it difficult to get back to sleep.  In Salt Lake City, Kwadwo, a Ghanian who lived two blocks from my sister's house, fixed fufu and goat stew for me. Interesting, I think I can get used to it–I have to get used to it.  He also helped me with my Twi pronunciation and showed me some Fante words.  I was so lucky to meet up with him.

But, now I am home and can do all the things that kept me awake at night in Germany, but i'm so slow at checking off the list.  Mike (PC Director-Ghana) Koffman's letters reminded me of all the forms i still need to fill out before Staging.  Good News!  Rumor has it that we will Stage in DC.  That will give me a few days to see Matt's family before we meet.  (yea!) I only fit in two bike rides this week because of all day rain (whata wimp) but they were nice.  Ken and I rode the Cedar River Trail out to Highway 18–about 30 miles round trip–cool dry day, nice and flat.  Today is Cinco-de-Mayo and it's time to get back to work on my "list".  30 days to go.

Left to right: Ensign Peak Utah, Kwawdo's kids (Levi, Ama & Caleb), and my Pink Dogwood (I will miss the dogwood's in Washington each spring)

No comments:

Post a Comment